“I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas. . .” KISH Christmas Concert, featuring the concert and jazz bands, will also include, soloists, ensembles, dancers, storytellers, etc. will take place on Thursday, December 14 at 7 pm. Come out and hear the wonderful music of Christmas at KISH. The schedule for the warm up before the concert will be posted on the band blog. All concert and jazz band members are expected to be there and wearing a full uniform for this event.
Christmas Concert on Thursday, December 14 will follow this schedule for the evening:
Rehearsal for individual performers(singers, instrumentalists, dancers) – 5 pm
Rehearsal for Christmas Concert – 5:30 pm Concert Band
Rehearsal for Christmas Concert – 6 pm Jazz Band
Cafeteria doors open up to the public 6:45 pm
Band members and performers line up in the hallway from the stairs to the cafeteria doors welcoming guests to the concert.
6:55 pm Jazz Band members on stage ready for performance. This year the jazz band will open the Christmas Concert and the concert band will close the concert. All performers are asked to stay until the end of the concert for the curtain call.
“Christmas Concert” begins at 7 pm
Senior Band schedule for the week of Monday, December 11 to Friday, December 14 is posted under “Senior Band Schedule” or by clicking on the link:
Lots are happening in senior band for December click on the link to see.
KISH Band December Newsletter
Dear Band Parents;
December Band Notes
- Congratulations to Nicole Boucher for your performance of the “Last Post” at the Cenotaph in Kensington for the Remembrance Day Service.
- Sunday, December 3 at the Train Station in Kensington, the KISH Flute Trio consisting of: Shannan Hill, Emilie Reilly, and Bethany Spencer, will be performing some Christmas tunes starting at 5:30 pm after the parade. A thank you goes out to Trevor Moase for inviting the students to participate in this event.
- Congratulations everyone on the amount of Christmas Wreaths, 349, sold this year. Thank yous goes out to the organizers: Sandra McKenna and Emma Gallant. Thank yous also go out to all the student and parent helpers.
- Starting on Monday, December 4 in the music room “Secret Santa.” The student band executive put a limit of $10 for the Secret Santa gift. This was a fun event last year, so it is continuing. This event will last for two weeks, until Friday, December 15. Students had the option of opting out, but all students joined in on the fun.
- Plans are well on the way for the KISH Band Festival Trip to Halifax April 25-27, 2018. To help support payment efforts, the first of three deposits are due on Monday, December 4. This first deposit is for $100. You have 3 options and the BPA executive need to know as soon as possible which you are going to do.
- Pay 100% of the deposit with cash/cheque
- Pay 100% of the deposit with band credits
- Pay a portion of the deposit with credits and the rest with cash/cheque.
Please email Arlene and let her know which are you going to do. She needs to know before Monday, so she can get receipts made up for those paying cash and to know which students to look for on Monday. You can email Arlene at email@example.com . Arlene is looking after band credits this year, so if you are wondering how many your child has, she has the list.
- Wednesday, December 6 is our monthly BPA Executive meeting starting at 5:30 pm. The BPA meetings are opened this year to any band parent who would like to attend. The meetings are held in the boardroom in the office or in the music room, depending on the number of people.
- On Thursday, December 7 starting at 7 pm the KISH Band is having a Christmas Party for all concert and jazz band members at A.J. Cahill’s home. Come out to the Cahill residence and enjoy the Christmas spirit and fun.
- “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas. . .” KISH Christmas Concert, featuring the concert and jazz bands, will also include, soloists, ensembles, dancers, storytellers, etc. will take place on Thursday, December 14 at 7 pm. Come out and hear the wonderful music of Christmas at KISH. The schedule for the warm up before the concert will be posted on the band blog. All students are to wear a full uniform for this event.
- Our next fundraiser will be grocery bagging at Mike’s Independent on Saturday, December 23. More information coming soon.
- Winner of Ms Profit’s Christmas Wreath credits is Reese Carmody. The winning ticket was picked by Shannan Hill – student band co-president.
KISH is a great school with a wonderful group of individuals, students/parents who support it. Here’s to keeping the spirit going! Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and Holiday Season.
KISH Band Director
Senior Band schedule for the week of Monday, December 4 to Friday, December 8 is posted under “Senior Band Schedule” or by clicking on the link: https://kishband.wordpress.com/senior-band-information/
Senior Band schedule for the week of Monday, November 27 to Friday, December 1 is posted under “Senior Band Schedule” or by clicking on the link:
Christmas wreath delivery has been changed from Friday, November 24 to Thursday, November 23. Wreaths will be bagged and tagged after school on Thursday. Orders can be picked up between 4:30 – 5:30 pm at doors located at the end of the grade 7 hallway and the Industrial Arts room.
Congratulations students on the sale of Christmas Wreaths! You did really well.
Contest – A decision was made, through the Christmas Wreath parent committee, to give each student one ballet who sold wreaths for a chance to win Ms Profit’s Christmas Wreath credits. Stay tuned for the winner.
Senior Band schedule for the week of Monday, November 20 to Friday, November 25 is posted under “Senior Band Schedule” or by clicking on the link:
*SECRET SANTA – On Monday, November 20, senior band students will be picking names for “Secret Santa.” We did this event last year to much success, so students are asking to do it again. If students would like to opt out of this event, just Ms. Profit know in advance.
Secret Santa – when students pick a band student’s name they will then purchase a gift costing around $10. This is to be done in secret and placed in the band student’s shelf in the black cabinet(in the music room). The placement of gifts will start the first week in December, starting Monday, December 4. From Monday, December 4 to Friday, December 15 students can place their Secret Santa gift for the band student they picked in the black cabinet.
CHRISTMAS WREATH DELIVERY – Thursday, November 23 after school