Lots are happening in senior band for December click on the link to see.
KISH Band December Newsletter
Dear Band Parents;
December Band Notes
- Congratulations to Nicole Boucher for your performance of the “Last Post” at the Cenotaph in Kensington for the Remembrance Day Service.
- Sunday, December 3 at the Train Station in Kensington, the KISH Flute Trio consisting of: Shannan Hill, Emilie Reilly, and Bethany Spencer, will be performing some Christmas tunes starting at 5:30 pm after the parade. A thank you goes out to Trevor Moase for inviting the students to participate in this event.
- Congratulations everyone on the amount of Christmas Wreaths, 349, sold this year. Thank yous goes out to the organizers: Sandra McKenna and Emma Gallant. Thank yous also go out to all the student and parent helpers.
- Starting on Monday, December 4 in the music room “Secret Santa.” The student band executive put a limit of $10 for the Secret Santa gift. This was a fun event last year, so it is continuing. This event will last for two weeks, until Friday, December 15. Students had the option of opting out, but all students joined in on the fun.
- Plans are well on the way for the KISH Band Festival Trip to Halifax April 25-27, 2018. To help support payment efforts, the first of three deposits are due on Monday, December 4. This first deposit is for $100. You have 3 options and the BPA executive need to know as soon as possible which you are going to do.
- Pay 100% of the deposit with cash/cheque
- Pay 100% of the deposit with band credits
- Pay a portion of the deposit with credits and the rest with cash/cheque.
Please email Arlene and let her know which are you going to do. She needs to know before Monday, so she can get receipts made up for those paying cash and to know which students to look for on Monday. You can email Arlene at firstname.lastname@example.org . Arlene is looking after band credits this year, so if you are wondering how many your child has, she has the list.
- Wednesday, December 6 is our monthly BPA Executive meeting starting at 5:30 pm. The BPA meetings are opened this year to any band parent who would like to attend. The meetings are held in the boardroom in the office or in the music room, depending on the number of people.
- On Thursday, December 7 starting at 7 pm the KISH Band is having a Christmas Party for all concert and jazz band members at A.J. Cahill’s home. Come out to the Cahill residence and enjoy the Christmas spirit and fun.
- “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas. . .” KISH Christmas Concert, featuring the concert and jazz bands, will also include, soloists, ensembles, dancers, storytellers, etc. will take place on Thursday, December 14 at 7 pm. Come out and hear the wonderful music of Christmas at KISH. The schedule for the warm up before the concert will be posted on the band blog. All students are to wear a full uniform for this event.
- Our next fundraiser will be grocery bagging at Mike’s Independent on Saturday, December 23. More information coming soon.
- Winner of Ms Profit’s Christmas Wreath credits is Reese Carmody. The winning ticket was picked by Shannan Hill – student band co-president.
KISH is a great school with a wonderful group of individuals, students/parents who support it. Here’s to keeping the spirit going! Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and Holiday Season.
KISH Band Director