Friday, Jan.26th, 2018
5:15 Registration in Queen Charlotte Cafeteria.
8:00 Fun in the Gym – Bring sneakers
9.00 Parents pick up students
Saturday, Jan. 27th, 2018
8:30 Set-up/Warm-up at Queen Charlotte
12:30 Set up for rehearsal/Move coats and boots to upper floor
2:40 Rehearsal ends, Students load instruments on bus/truck and take bus to Delta
3:15 Unload gear from truck
3:30 Concert by Stadacona Band
5:00 Pizza Party/Trivia at the Delta
6:15 Rehearsal at Delta Convention Center
8:00 Final Business
8:30 Students go home- Parents pick up students at the PEI Convention Center/Delta Hotel
Sunday, Jan.28th, 2018
12:00 Arrive PEI Convention Center/Delta Hotel
12:30 Dress rehearsal
- Be on time with instrument, all honors band music, and a sharpened pencil for all rehearsals.
- Honor Band performance uniform will be black pants and the Honor Band t-shirt that will be handed out on Saturday night.
- Please no outdoor footwear in the band room.
- You will need sneakers for Friday.
- You will also need a lunch on Saturday. There is not enough time for students to go out for lunch on Saturday.
It is important that parents know the schedule for weekend in order to drop off and pick-up students on time at the proper locations.
P.E.I . Intermediate Honour Band:
Honor Band Weekend: Friday, January 26th-Sunday, January 28th
Honor Band Storm Dates: Friday, February 2nd-Sunday, February 4th
Guest Conductor: Richard Bennett
Music to be performed:
Ancient Voices – by Michael Sweeney
As Winds Dance – by Samuel R. Hazo
His Honor – by Henry Fillmore and Arranged by Andrew Balent
Shenandoah – Arranged Carroll DeCamp
Selections from Capriol Suite – by Peter Warlock and Arranged Robert Longfield
- Mattachins (Sword Dance)
The Incredibles (Main Theme) – by Michael Giacchino and Arranged Johnnie Vinson